Gone are the days of yellow pages which will take up hours of searching a dental clinic or practice, because with the innovation of internet, finding a dental clinic are just a few clicks away. Recent statistics revealed that the number of people going online to look for medical and health information is growing exponentially each year.
With the advancements in design and development technologies, many medical website owners are now looking for an effective way to redesign their website. You may have a doubt, “If you redesign your website, will it hurt your search rankings and leads?”
The answer is yes, but only if you don’t do it right. The first step is to make sure you’re redesigning your site for the right reasons. So before taking final decision to redesign your website, ask yourself the following questions:
– Have your received negative feedback from clients?
– Nowadays more than 75% of the people surf online to find health information, making appointments, or utilizing online medical record systems. So if you’ve recently received negative feedback of your site, then it might be time for an update.
– Is your site navigation fast and intuitive?
– The answer No means, it’s the right time for a web site redesign. Good and fast site navigation relies on multiple must-have elements like menus, sidebar links, footers, and nested hyperlinks, and more! If you don’t have these must-have features in your site, or if your site navigation frustrates your visitors, it’s time to redesign your medical website.
– Is your medical website design is new patient friendly?
– People will not spend more than 5 minutes trying to figure out what your website is about and what it has to offer. The best way to ensure you’re getting the right information out to your reader is to make the page easy to scan.
– Use proper H tags to focus on the important items. You can also use pull quotes, block quotes and images.
– Your readers shouldn’t spend 30-40 seconds trying to find contact info. While redesigning your website, make sure patient appointment forms, staff details and contact information are available on the home page.
– Is Your Website Appealing? The world may tell you that people don’t judge a book by its cover, but that’s a lie in case of web design. Redesign your website appealing and make the first impression better be a good one.
As you may well know, the medical website design should provide vital information to clients without clutter and gimmicks. Then why wait? Redesign your medical website today to gain more traffic and eventually new patients.
Related Redesign Home Articles