We all love putting out fresh new appearances in our homes but have you thought recently about the exterior? Often we are so busy decorating or redecorating inside, we forget to do the same outside as well. Spice up the outside of your household with these straightforward outdoor decorating tips:
1. Paint: By repainting every aspect of the exterior of your house, or just repainting the trim, you can quickly catch the eye of those passing by.
2. Porch or Patio: How your household appears from the outside can be radically improved by putting out new furniture on your porch or patio. Another option would be to buy new cushions or covers for the furniture you already have on your porch or patio. Other quick patio smarten ups can be as simple as putting out a few flowering potted plants, adding gnomes or statues, or putting a small water fountain into the space.
3. Having a path for people to use as they approach your household or walk through the garden will create a cozy atmosphere that people will respond to. You can make even an existing plain sidewalk seem special and inviting just by edging the walk, lining it with flowers, adding solar lights to brighten it up at night, or planting colorful annual flowers such as petunias on each side. If you do not have a walkway and want to create one, consider using stone. I think these appear the best. Add an extra decorative touch by making the walkway curve or wind a bit to your front door instead of leading straight there.
4. A decoration in your yard; be it a pole mounted light, a patch of flowers sitting in a wheelbarrow or well, or even a birdhouse, will immediately add a sense of household to your yard. Not only does putting something unique in your yard help to define you and your tastes, it also makes your household stand out from that of your neighbors.
5. Flowers, Plants, Vines & Bushes: Probably the most popular way to smarten up up a yard rapidly is to just put out some pretty plants, bushes, vines and flowers. Annuals are great for adding splashes of color fast, because you can usually buy them this time of year in bloom. If you want the dashes of color to last throughout the year, consider adding some perennials too. Then once the annuals are starting to die out, you’ll have something to replace them. You’ll also have the added pleasure of seeing the perrenials sprout again for quite a few years to come.
Find More Repainting Home Articles